Thursday, September 10, 2009

Identity

Recently our small group leader sent a questionaire about people and outreach. It sparked a thought. What is our identity? True identity is found in Christ. We have one race, the human race, but so many separate themselves in many different groups. I wonder if we strip away all stereotypes we would find that we have so much more in common that is different. Strip away ageism. Strip away like-appearances. Strip away selfishness. Perhaps now there's a chance for outreach. And who are we reaching out to, except each other. We're people. That's enough commonality for me.

To put it in the words of a famous songwriter Matt Redmond- "When the music fades and all is stripped away and I simply come. Longing just to bring something that's of worth that will Bless Your Heart. I'll bring You more than a song. For a song in itself, is not what You have required. You search much deeper within, to the way things appear. Your looking into my heart. I'm coming back to a heart of worship. When it's all about You. All about You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vesselight